Congratulations to those that have made it through week one of our 90 Day Company Cleanse. We hope it wasn’t too difficult throwing away all those old recipes. Now that there is no longer a daunting pile of papers covering your desk we can start week two.
Create A Positive Workspace: This week were going to focus on creating some positive energy for you and your business. Just as it was important to alter the physical environment around you it is just as important to alter the energy that surrounds you. We know sometimes things may feel like they are headed in a downward spiral, but we are here to pull you out and give you some tips that will give you enough positive momentum to set you back on the path to success.
- Change Your Mentality, Get rid of all self doubt and negative thinking. Stop and consider what negative thoughts you have about yourself or your business. How are those thoughts helping you to succeed? Instead of dwelling on the negative think of all the positive things that surround you. Sometimes the biggest thing standing in the way of your success is yourself! This article from Huffington Post that addresses just that: 8 Signs That Your Are Standing In Your Way And What To Do
- Positive Affirmations, we just love positive affirmations around here. We can attest they create a positive energy that is contagious and will brighten just about anyone’s day. Tell yourself hundreds of positive affirmations everyday. If you are feeling worried or fearful about something use an affirmation to counter those fears. Perhaps you have a meeting you are just dreading, by simply repeat to yourself, “I love meetings. Meetings are my favorite. I can’t wait to meet with so and so today” your entire outlook will change. After repeating three or four times we are sure you will truly believe it and perhaps feel less anxious. Do this with any situation and your confidence will soar in no time at all.
- Set Goals, Write out your goals as a business for the year and work to implement them. There is no point in being more confident if you don’t use your confidence to actively work toward accomplishing your goals. Use the positive energy you have created with your new mentality to reach goals that improve the quality of your life and business.
- Change The Energy In Your Work Space, get rid of things that maybe causing negativity in your workspace such as negative people or employees with bad attitudes, broken items such as desks or printers, and throw away that dead plant in your office (we don’t think its coming back). By taking away things that are creating negative energy you are making room for positive energy to grow. You will be surprised with difference it makes by doing these simple things, even your employees will notice a change they can quite put their finger on.
- Inspire Your Employees by adding positive imagery, quotes or affirmations in your work space. Give them recognition, show them that they are appreciated with awards or special incentives. Something as easy as acknowledging their accomplishments can go along way. When your employees see the confidence you have in them they will be inspired to accomplish anything!
- Take A Day Off, even when it seems impossible. Sometimes you need to take a step back from the situation to get a clearer picture of whats really going on. Separate yourself from work on your day off, that way when you can truly relax and refresh yourself.
- Repeat! Maybe once a month or once a week, repeat whenever you feel the need to get back on track. Some months you may need it more that others.
Laboratory5 Inc. is a small business based in Tempe, Arizona