In a world where technology is at the forefront of communications through emails and instant messages, this guide to better conversations is refreshing-and important!
10 Rules to conversation How to Talk and How to Listen
- Don’t multitask – be present in the moment.
- Don’t pontificate – Set aside your personal opinion. Enter every conversation assuming you have something to learn.
- Use open ended questions – Give the other person an opportunity to describe their thoughts
- Go with the flow – your own stories will pop into your head – let them go.
- If you don’t know something, say you don’t know.
- Don’t equate their situation with yours – every person’s experience is different.
- Try not to repeat yourself.
- Stay out of the weeds – people don’t care about the dates, the names and other minor details.
- Listen -This is the most important skill.
- Be brief
Laboratory5 Inc. is a small business based in Tempe, Arizona